Home About Me Ask a Question!

January 18, 2014

Have you done more or seen more than you ever imagined?

The simple answer to that is a resounding YES.
Before I was married, I had been in two states, the one I lived in and the neighboring one.  On our honeymoon, I added a third state.  Now, I have been to all but six of the fifty states in the USA.
My parents didn't like to travel and I don't remember us taking a vacation.  We took daytrips but never went so far that we couldn't get home the same day.
My husband was an immigrant and he loved to travel.  We didn't do much traveling when we were first married but later we took many trips to Europe.  Much later, we traveled the continental USA and going through all but four states plus several provinces in Canada.
I never imagined traveling so much or moving out of the state where I was born because people just didn't do that.  All of my mother's siblings lived in one state and all but one of my dad's.  Now, their children are spread across the country and in other countries.
Yes, I miss the stability of my childhood but have enjoyed the excitement of the moving and traveling I have done.  I hope I will have some more traveling in the future because there are places I haven't seen and things I haven't done.

No comments:

Post a Comment