Home About Me Ask a Question!

November 14, 2012

Did you have your children in a hospital or at home?

Luckily they were all born in the hospital and all of them were born in the same hospital.  I was born at home.
The second pregnancy very nearly ended with the babies being born in the car.  I woke my husband and said we needed to go to the hospital.  He then proceeded to take a shower, shave and have a long conversation with his mother who was staying with us at the time.  He obeyed the speed limit on the ten mile drive.  When we arrived at the hospital, they took me directly to the delivery room and frantically called for a doctor to deliver me.  He arrived just as the first baby was crowning.  Unfortunately, this doctor believed in having his mother's unconscious.  So, when I awoke I had two babies instead of the very large singleton I had expected and dry heaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment