Home About Me Ask a Question!

January 27, 2014

What were some of the fashion trends when you were younger?

Before high school, the fashion trend for me was whatever my mother bought for me to wear.  School pictures show me wearing dresses with puffy sleeves and gathered skirts.  Mom made our clothes.  I don't know where she found the time to do that with the three of us children, husband and a large house without modern conveniences.

High school was puffy hair and pencil skirts(they were called straight skirts then,).  Skirts were mid calf and we wore our cardigans buttoned up the back(we were rebels).  Then there was the poodle skirt which was a felt circle skirt in black with a poodle appliqued to the front.  I was so proud of mine.  Today, I would feel foolish wearing it.

The trend in fashion is to repeat but I hope those trends stay back in the fifties.

No comments:

Post a Comment